Monday, March 21, 2011

Final Project- Character Education Reflection

I completed my final project on character education because I feel it is very important for students to learn about character at a young age. This video could be used in the classroom, at an assembly, at an open house, etc. It could be used in various settings. I chose to use power point slides instead of narration. I liked this idea because then I can have either the students or parents read the slides themselves or I could read them aloud if I chose. I feel that the power point slides still gave me an effective introduction, body and closing.

I used Picnik to edit the handshake picture that is right after the red respect slide. I put a frame on it, made it black and white, and put text on it. I also edited the kids caring picture. It is found right after the caring power point slide. I added text, stickers, and faded part of the picture. I also edited the character counts picture at the end of the video. I framed it and added text. The last picture I edited was the bulldog credo. This credo is hung up all over our school and in the classroom. Our guidance teacher has taught it to all of our students. I typed the bulldog credo in a power point slide and then edited it in Picnik. I added stickers and a border.

I was really nervous adding my video on you tube. I had never done that before, but it went really well. I got it on you tube and was able to embed it onto my blog with no problems.

Overall, I had fun making this video. I felt more comfortable with everything since we have been using it in this course. I downloaded my music off of Free play music. I can really see myself using these skills I am learning in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment